Friday, December 17, 2010

Anthony Pettis : Fifth round Kick

Anthony Pettis

Unleashing a flawless performance tonight inside the Jobing.com Arena in Arizona will be easier said than done, particularly because his opponent rocks the hardware and has rolled off 10 consecutive victories. 

However, given the imperfect life Pettis has been forced to lead, one perfect night isn’t too much to ask for this Holiday Season.

 

November 12th, 2003 was a watershed day for Anthony Pettis. Not only was his father brutally murdered during a house robbery on that tragic night, but it was also the day it forced the then-17-year-old to become the man of his household.

“Initially, when I started doing mixed martial arts I wanted to try something new. It was more for the exercise,” Pettis told OnMilwaukee.com. “I knew from that day I would make him proud and become a professional fighter.”

The lightweight emerged on the WEC scene only a year-and-a-half ago, yet already finds himself dancing in the organization’s swan song with the bling-bling belt at stake.

“I am going to miss the WEC, they made me who I am,” Pettis stated. “They gave me my name and they helped me become the fighter I am right now, but I am really excited I am going to the UFC where I can prove my skills against the highest level guys.”

The Fifth Round Kick on Face of His Opponent

No comments:

Post a Comment